1. What is Personal Data at SpiderRock?
2. Your Privacy Rights at SpiderRock.
At SpiderRock, we respect your ability to know, access, correct, transfer, restrict the processing of, and delete your personal data. We have provided these rights to our global customer base and if you exercise these privacy rights, you have the right not to be treated in a discriminatory way nor to receive a lesser degree of service from SpiderRock. SpiderRock does not sell your data, including as “sale” is defined in Nevada and California.
To exercise your privacy rights and choices, including where a third-party provider is acting on SpiderRock’s behalf, please contact SpiderRock at email@example.com.
There may be situations where we cannot grant your request, for example, if you ask us to delete your transaction data and SpiderRock is legally obligated to keep a record of that transaction to comply with applicable law. We may also decline to grant a request where doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes, such as when you request deletion of an account that is being investigated for security concerns. Other reasons your privacy request may be denied are if it jeopardizes the privacy of others, is frivolous or vexatious, would be extremely impractical, or is not allowable pursuant to rules and regulations SpiderRock may be subject to.
3. Personal Data SpiderRock Collects from You.
SpiderRock only collects the personal data that we need, and the specific data collected depends on how you interact with SpiderRock. When you create a user ID, purchase and/or activate a product or service, request additional information about SpiderRock, or otherwise interact with us, we collect a variety of information, including:
- Account Information: Your SpiderRock ID and related account details, including email address.
- Contact Information: Data such as name, email address, physical address, phone number, or other contact information.
- Payment Information: Data about your billing address and method of payment, such as bank details, credit, debit or other payment card information.
- Transaction Information: Data about purchases of SpiderRock products and services or transactions facilitated by SpiderRock.
- Usage Data: Data on your activity and use of our products and services, including product interaction, crash data, performance and other diagnostic data, and other usage data.
- Other Information You Provide to SpiderRock: Details such as the content of your communications with SpiderRock, including interactions with customer support and contacts through social media channels.
You are not required to provide the personal data that we have requested. However, if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to requests that you may have.
4. Personal Data SpiderRock Receives from Other Sources.
SpiderRock may receive personal data about you from third parties who work with us to provide our products and services and assist us in payment processing, security and fraud prevention, and from other lawful sources. For research and development purposes, we may use datasets that contain data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, SpiderRock does so in accordance with applicable law, including the law in the jurisdiction in which the data set is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to reidentify individuals who may appear therein.
5. SpiderRock’s Use of Personal Data.
SpiderRock uses personal data to provide our services, to process your transactions, to communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also use personal data for other purposes with your consent.
SpiderRock uses your personal data only when we have a valid legal basis to do so. Depending on the circumstance, SpiderRock may rely on your consent or the fact that the processing is necessary to fulfill a contract with you, protect your vital interests or those of other persons, or to comply with law. We may also process your personal data where we believe it is in our or others’ legitimate interests, taking into consideration your interests, rights, and expectations. If you have questions about the legal basis, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Process your Transactions: To process transactions, SpiderRock must collect data such as your name, purchase, and payment information.
- Communicate with you: To respond to communications, reach out to you about your transactions or account, market our products and services, provide other relevant information, or request information or feedback. From time to time, we may use your personal data to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with SpiderRock, you may not opt out of receiving these important notices.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: To protect individuals, employees, and SpiderRock and for loss prevention and to prevent fraud, including to protect individuals, employees, and SpiderRock for the benefit of all our clients.
- Comply with Law: To comply with applicable law – for example, to satisfy tax or reporting obligations, or to comply with a lawful governmental request.
6. SpiderRock Sharing of Personal Data.
SpiderRock may share personal data with SpiderRock-affiliated companies and service providers who act on our behalf. Further, SpiderRock does not share personal data with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- Others: SpiderRock may disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our operations or users, or in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale.
7. Protection of Personal Data at SpiderRock.
At SpiderRock, we believe that great privacy rests on great security. We use administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal data, taking into account the nature of the personal data and the processing, and the threats posed. We are constantly working to improve on these safeguards to help keep your personal data secure.
8. Cookies and Other Technologies.
SpiderRock’s websites, online services, interactive applications, and advertisements may use “cookies” and other technologies such as web beacons. These technologies help us to better understand user behavior including for security and fraud prevention purposes, tell us which parts of our websites people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches.
- Communications Cookies: These cookies are used to enable network traffic to and from SpiderRock’s systems, including by helping us detect any errors.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are set as required to provide a specific feature or service that you have accessed or requested. For example, they allow us to display our websites and services in the proper format and to authenticate and verify your transactions.
- Other Cookies: These cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with our websites and online services, including by helping us to assess the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches.
In addition to cookies, SpiderRock may use other technologies that help us achieve similar objectives. In some email messages SpiderRock sends to you, we provide a “click-through URL” that links you to content on the SpiderRock website. When you click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure whether we are communicating with you effectively. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click graphic or text links in email messages.
9. Transfer of Personal Data Between Countries.
10. Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy.